Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

HI,

I BOUGHT A 2006 HONDA ACCORD ON FRIDAY THE 13TH ON JULY 2013. I BOUGHT THE CAR AS IS.

THE 2006 HONDA CAR I BOUGHT WAS FALSELY ADVERTISED TO ME.

TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, I BELIEVED THERE WOULD NOT BE ANYTHING THAT NEEDED TO BE DONE TO THIS VEHICLE ,WELL I WAS WRONG.

WHILE WASHING IT LATE FRIDAY THE 19TH OF JULY, I NOTICED CAKED UP OIL AROUND THE HUB OF ALL 4 WHEELS ESPECIALLY ON THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR. THERE IS ALSO OIL THAT SPLATTERS ON THE LOWER RIGHT SIDE OF THE PASSENGER SIDE WHEN YOU DRIVE. ALSO THERE IS OIL THAT IS SPILLING OUT FROM THE TOP AND I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THIS IS COMING FROM.

ALSO ALL 4 TIRES NEED TO BE REPLACED IMMEDIATELY.

IF I GO TO A MECHANIC I WILL BE OUT OF MORE MONEY THAT I CANNOT AFFORD AND A MECHANIC WILL FIND ALOT MORE THINGS WRONG WITH THIS VEHICLE THAN WHAT I AM STATING.

BLUE BOOK VALUE IN FAIR CONDITION IS $5750.

Fair:

18% of all cars we value meet this criteria. This car has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing, but is still in safe running condition and has a clean title history. The paint, body and/or interior may need professional servicing. The tires may need replacing and there may be some repairable rust damage.

MOREOVER, PERSONALLY SPEAKING THIS PURCHASE HAS CAUSED ME TO GO INTO A DEEP DEPRESSION.

SO THEREFORE, WHAT CAN I DO TO REMEDY THIS SITUATION.

THANK YOU

RICKY HERNANDEZ

ricky-h@comcast.net

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

Legally, unless there was a warranty,there is nothing you can do. You stated it clearly that the car was sold as is...unless the advertisement guaranteed the condition of the car, you've got nothing...you had an opportunity to look the car over. Tires are obvious to any buyer, to check out.. ..you won't find a legal remedy tat works

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

You acknowledge buying the case "as is", so it doesn't sound like you have a legal remedy based on the facts as you presented them.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California

Consumer Law Legal Forms