Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

I live in California. I purchase a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle) from Mercedes Benz last year in September. After several months, I discovered that the car is not a CPO (because I found out it had the wrong size front Rotors).

What are my options? can I return the car and get my money back? CPOs come with a hefty premium and I don't want to pay the premium and end up having to pay to fix certain things in the car.

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

It is difficult to comment on your question without seeing the contract, but I see a full refund as problematic becuase you've been using the car for over a year. However, that doesn't mean you don't have a remedy.

This sounds like something that can be resolved in small claims court if the dealer won't make it right. You'll probably need to have a mechanic testify that the rotors are not proper and you'll need to show the judge the portion of the contract that says correct rotors are need to make it a CPO.

If you convince the judge that is does meet the criteria for a CPO, the judge would likely awared you either the price difference or the cost of repair to make it a CPO. Or the judge may order the deal to make the necessary repairs.

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

Contact the Mercedes dealer and see what they will do.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California

Consumer Law Legal Forms