Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

is this legal? a man shows up at my home this past saturday, yelling to me and my wife, who are working in our yard, and states he is a representative of wells fargo mortgage and we need to call this 800 number and make our house payment and that he was taking pictures of my home. my payment was only late by 10 days, due to my wife being put into the hospital a week earlyier and i really just forgot to make it. this man was yelling my personal business out in the middle of the street, he did not and im guessing , would not step foot on my property, but was discussing my personal finacials loud enough that my neighbors could hear him, telling me i need to make my mortgage payment to the bank in front of my neighbors. this person didnt leave a card and when i went to approach him about his manner of dealing with this, he jumped into his car, after taking pictures, and sped off without even telling me his name, or leaving a card. but with the info he did talk about, it would have been the banks info. what can i do. is this legal. i live in a gated community, and cameras probly caught him at the gate. but i still wouldnt know his name probly, but he did say he was with wells fargo.

is this a violation of the i believe its called the rosenthal fair debt collection act? where they are not aloud to tell anyone about my business with them.

thanks for the help. really embarressed now, my neighbors know my business.

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

I'm sorry, but your story is just not believable. No bank, not Wells Fargo or any other, pays someone to go out to any property when a payment is only 10 days late. They would go broke paying people to take pictures if every time someone was 10 days late they went to all that trouble. Most banks don't even assess a late fee until at least ten days, more often 15. If you would care to post a true and accurate question, we'd be happy to help you if we can.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms