California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/12/10, 2:22 pm

Hello. I am a medical marijuana patient and I paid my care giver $390 for delivery of medicine. $40 of the total was shipping as I lived in another state. She has yet to mail me anything. I traveled to see her where she gave me partial delivery of 3/8's of the total. She has had my money for almost 4 months and is refusing to send the rest or return my money. Do I have any options?

1 Answer

Answered on: 11/17/10, 2:43 pm by Michael Stone

I gather that you are a qualified California medical marijuana patient, otherwise you should be asking this question in the correct state. Due to the uncertainty that remains in the law, and the varying degree of acceptance of medical marijuana by persons and communities inside and outside of California, in my opinion it is (at best) foolhardy to transport your marijuana outside of California, very foolhardy to ship it across state lines, and extremely foolhardy to do so by means of the U.S. Postal Service. If you were to bring this dispute in a California small claims court, you could possibly get a judgment for a refund of your $243.75. Or you could draw a conservative judge who would turn you over to the feds for attempted interstate transportation.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE 3020 Old Ranch Parkway, Suite 300 Seal Beach, CA 90740

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search