California  |  Credit and Debt Law

I resigned from my job with a formal letter on 4.20.2013 (a saturday) that had a starting 2week resignation date of 4.22.2013 (a Monday). I received my credit report today 6.8.13 that a hard credit check was done on 4.20.13 by my employer with the alert being New Employee. I NEVER signed anything authorizing a credit check. I was NEVER told by my employer they had done a credit check. My credit dropped 15 points. My manager was on maternity leave so I had sent the letter to her via email on 4.20. The director does not work Saturdays and he did not get my letter till he came in for work on 4.23. My hr was on vacation till 4.29. What legal grounds do I have since I never authorized this in the first place? I had started the separation from my job already at that point. I had been an employee for almost 2YEARS at that point as well. What do you recommend I do?

Answered on: 6/10/13, 12:37 pm by Edward McCutchan

Under the laws of all states in this country anyone can pay to have a credit report checkdone on another person. From what you have written about, it seems that you do not have any legal recourse as to what you have written about.

Sunderland | McCutchan, LLP 412 Aviation Blv. Santa Rosa, CA 95403