California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/10/13, 10:21 pm

An aqcuaintance says he signed a cruz waiver to get out after being in jail for 4 months and surviving 2 attemps on his life. He was 18-19 years old at the time.

The charge was rape, no witnesses, from his old girlfriend. He was to serve a 3-4 year prison term. Fearing for his life, he never showed up for his prison term. This was 18-19 years ago. He is living under an assumed name, has never had any other problems with the law. Is there any way he can work this out without going to prison? He is a family man and has excellent references from employer and community. This all took place in the Los Angeles CA area. If something can be done, approximately how much would legal fees be?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search