California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/27/09, 11:50 pm

My friend had an argument with her husband and he laid a hand on her so she ran to call the police. The husband played the victim, eventhough she was the one that had been physically abused and verbally. The husband lied to the cops saying that she had hit one of the kids and him. So she was taking in. My friend was charged with pc 273.5 (A). spouse abuse/cohab. However, the D.A. rejected the case and she is out. However, just the other day the sheriff showed up to her house asking for her husband. What can be happening now? What should my friend do? Should she counter sue since she was the one is danger and called the police? And if she had hit the kid like the husband said than why would she call the police on herself. What could she do?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search