California  |  Criminal Law

I am trying to get information for a friend. He is looking for I guess the use of certain words in Sutherland Statutes and Statutory Construction under legistative intent. Hope this makes since. These questions are what he sent me.

Does Sutherland Statutes & Statutory Construction under Legistative Intent

1. Give an explanation of the use "a" within statutes; does it stand for the first in a serious?

2. Also does use of "the" within statutory construction specify the one mention.

Answered on: 10/04/13, 10:54 am by Edward Hoffman

"Statutes and Statutory Construction" is a set of treatises, which were originally written long ago by a man named Sutherland and which are still being revised and updated by other authors. Legislative intent is one of the topics it covers.

Your question is hard to understand, but it sounds like homework for a law student, or a research assignment for someone working at a law firm. This site isn't here to do other people's work for them.

Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman 11755 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1250 Los Angeles, CA 90025