Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Marsden motion

How would I go about filing a marsden motion against my public defender I don't have the money to hire my own attorney and the public defender that I was assigned to just does not seem to have the experience and knowledge on how to handle my very serious case. I have a grand theft with 2 priors and also have a home invasion charge. Can you please give me some advice

Asked on 2/19/08, 3:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Marsden motion

Marsden motions are typically made orally. You should tell your PD that you want to make one, and he will inform the court. You, the PD and the judge will then discuss it in chambers, without the prosecutor. The court reporter will be there but the transcript of that hearing will not be given to the prosecutor unless and until you challenge the ruling (typically as part of an appeal).

Read more
Answered on 2/19/08, 4:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now