Legal Question in Discrimination Law in California

is there some way i can get some one to stop slandering my name on craigs list ? they have cost me alote of money by slanering my work as well as my name ,please if there is a way to get them to stop please helpe do so

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law

There is always a way. However, it is difficult in this day and age. The law is simply pre-mature in the area of social networking websites, Craigslist, Facebook, LinkedIn, eBay, etc. etc.

However, I would consult with a lawyer that specializes this in your ZIP code to do the work for you.

You can also try contacting Craigslist directly and bring to their awareness that you are going to sue. If you know who the other party is, you can send them a cease and desist letter informing them of possible litigation for slander. You might be capable of obtaining compensatory as well as punitive damages.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in California