California  |  Education Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/14/13, 7:03 am

Can I sue my post secondary school, California College San Diego for fraud or misrepresentation because when i enrolled, I specifically asked the admissions officer if the degree i would be getting would be recognized in any other state as such, she told me yes. She specifically told me they were nationally accredited and i found out that was a huge lie. Now ive quit their program and im in debt almost $40,000 for the time i spent there. I told the admissions officer ver batem " I DO NOT want to waste my time and money in this program if i cannot take it with me anywhere i move in the US and have it be recognized as completing a course of study prescribed for earning my associates degree in this field." They are now hounding me for the huge outstanding negstive balance i owe them. I want to sue them for lying about their accreditation because if i had known the truth i would have never ever enrolled at that school and end up owing thousands of dollars i dont have.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search