Legal Question in Education Law in California

Can I sue my post secondary school, California College San Diego for fraud or misrepresentation because when i enrolled, I specifically asked the admissions officer if the degree i would be getting would be recognized in any other state as such, she told me yes. She specifically told me they were nationally accredited and i found out that was a huge lie. Now ive quit their program and im in debt almost $40,000 for the time i spent there. I told the admissions officer ver batem " I DO NOT want to waste my time and money in this program if i cannot take it with me anywhere i move in the US and have it be recognized as completing a course of study prescribed for earning my associates degree in this field." They are now hounding me for the huge outstanding negstive balance i owe them. I want to sue them for lying about their accreditation because if i had known the truth i would have never ever enrolled at that school and end up owing thousands of dollars i dont have.

Andrew Harrell W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law

All of the statements by this admission officer are fraudulent misrepresentations. Fraud is difficult to prove, but hopefully you have something in writing. We'd be glad to represent you. We are one of the few plaintiff's attorneys representing students and faculty in cases against higher education institutions in the U.S.

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

It depends upon a variety of other factors. Our office does school law so we would be happy to speak with you. I would want to see all materials that you were given.

www.gertzandlaurie.com

More Education Law questions and answers in California