Legal Question in Family Law in California

My Attorney is dragging his feet.

Agreeable divorce, no kids, only one home to divide and it's taking 8 1/2 months and still dragging on and on. Can I do anything to put a fire under his ass? He is charging me too!

Asked on 5/20/09, 12:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Chau Law Offices James Chau
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: My Attorney is dragging his feet.

I would state those things to him in a letter. Ask for him to either address those concerns or change attorneys. You as a client have every right to change attorneys. Sometimes though the passage of time is not the attorney's fault but the slow process of the courts or the other party.

Good luck. Please consult with a local attorney prior to taking any legal action.

Law Offices James Chau

181 Devine St.

San Jose, CA. 95110

Read more
Answered on 5/20/09, 9:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now