California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/18/06, 3:08 pm

Child support prior to filing of divorce papers

Is a father obligated to pay any kind of child support prior to divorce papers being filed? A legal seperation has not been filed either. The mother lives in another state with the two minor children and the father lives in California and is now going to file divorce papers but wasn't sure if he is legally obligated to pay support prior to a court order. He has been sending money to the mother each month. Will he get credited for the amount already paid out?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search