Legal Question in Family Law in California

If a custodial parent is unable to provide financially for a child, would it preferable to the courts for the child to stay with this parent as they collect welfare and child support or would it be possible for the child to live with the parent which can provide for them?

Asked on 6/10/13, 5:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The court has one primary objective: what is best for the child. It does not matter if the custodial parent is providing for the child in a healthy environment even if that parent is collecting welfare and child-support. As long as the child is in the best environment and the court agrees.

DISCLAIMER: This is general information only and based upon limited information. Facts that could change the outcome have not been evaluated.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/13, 1:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now