California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/15/11, 2:57 pm

can i still get custody of my kids if i signed my rights away years ago

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/15/11, 3:31 pm by Timothy McCormick

It depends on how you "signed" them away. Unless it was as part of a child dependency proceeding where the state took custody away from you permanently, OR you gave them up as part of another person adopting them, such as a step-parent adoption, a document purporting to sign away parental rights is legally invalid.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services 201 Spear St., Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search