California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/01/09, 10:13 pm

Family Law - Changing Child Name?


I filed an OSC to increase time with my child. The court ordered a CCI investigation which was in my favor and I received everything I requested which is in the best interest of my child.

The mother named my child after her current boyfriend and ex-husband. I ask the Judge to order the middle and last name changed to mine and the judge scheduled a new court date for this hearing.

The Judge stated that she will give us each 5 mintues to make our case. I am pro per but the mother is not.

Can you please provide advise as to what the Judge would considered important for the name change?

The Judge stated in court that I my child deserves to have my name and the mother objected. Basically, I want the child name changed because he is my child. His mother other children are named after there father so why isn't my child name after me. Also, I think it is very dysfunctional for a child to have his mother's boyfriend and ex-husband name.

Thanks for all of your advise.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search