Legal Question in Family Law in California

Family Law - Changing Child Name?

Hello.

I filed an OSC to increase time with my child. The court ordered a CCI investigation which was in my favor and I received everything I requested which is in the best interest of my child.

The mother named my child after her current boyfriend and ex-husband. I ask the Judge to order the middle and last name changed to mine and the judge scheduled a new court date for this hearing.

The Judge stated that she will give us each 5 mintues to make our case. I am pro per but the mother is not.

Can you please provide advise as to what the Judge would considered important for the name change?

The Judge stated in court that I my child deserves to have my name and the mother objected. Basically, I want the child name changed because he is my child. His mother other children are named after there father so why isn't my child name after me. Also, I think it is very dysfunctional for a child to have his mother's boyfriend and ex-husband name.

Thanks for all of your advise.

Phillip Lemmons, Esq. Phillip Lemmons APC, Attorneys at Law

Re: Family Law - Changing Child Name?

I offer one hour consultaions for $375. We can discuss your agruement in detail. I'll even provide you with legal authority.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California