Legal Question in Family Law in California

my father is going through a seperation his wife started it and is now wanting a friend of hers to move into the guest room and live in hthe house. Dad does not want this, he enjoys his privacy... what can he do to stop this

Asked on 9/18/13, 1:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the separation and dissolution of marriage has not been completed then I believe your father can put an injunction on any guest moving into the guest room.

Your father needs his divorce attorney to file for an injunction against what his wife is doing.

The property does not belong entirely to her and he still has a say.

Who in their right mind would let someone live in a guest house RENT FREE in THEIR HOUSE and against THEIR WISHES. The law is not that harsh.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/13, 4:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now