Legal Question in Family Law in California

What can I do if my ex girlfriend will not let me see my 7mo. Old daughter?

Asked on 6/11/13, 5:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You leave out key information - most importantly are you legally on record as the father, either by you and the mother having filed the voluntary declaration of paternity paperwork, or having had a paternity determination case decided in court. What you can and need to do is crucially dependent on the answer to that question.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/13, 10:24 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Mr. McCormick. You cannot get custody and visitation enforced through the courts without first having a paternity action established. But whether or not you have rights is not clear from your post. I know that it sounds bizarre, but in our system it is possible to be a biological father, but not a legal father. You may want to speak to a competent family lawyer, and at least get a consultation as to what to do.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 11:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now