California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/25/13, 9:36 am

My husband did not respond to the petition and it's been over 6 months since I served him. I want to ammend the original petition to establish there are no issues of dividion of community property, the petition does not request money, property, cost or attorney fees to be determined by the court and there are no issues of chold, spousal or attorney fees and costs subject to determination by the court. I did attache a form to 5b detailing he division of community property. I want to ammend this form and document we have no community property to be divided by the court. IF I AMMEND THE PETITION, do I HAVE TO SERVE MY SPOUSE AGAIN, even though he did not respond to the initial petition or has he already lost his right to respond from the first petitioin?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search