California  |  Family Law

visitation and vacation

Last May my ex boyfriend and I negotiated in mediation our daughters visitation schedule. We agreed and it was court ordered. We were back together during that time but followed through with the mediator, because my boyfriends parents spent over $25000 in attorney fees and their private mediator. I am 5 months pregnant with our 2nd child. He left me again admitting not wanting any commitment. He also sujested that we continue virbally working around the mediatiors visitation schedule for his convenience. Our daughter, now 3 yrs old, has been to Germany 7 times. We go twice a year for 2 weeks at a time. In our court ordered parenting plan the mediator has granted that I be allowed to continue to take my daughter to Germany to see her Grandparents 2 weeks at a time and all I had to do is provide her father with a 30 day notice.

Evebthough my ex said he doesn`t need a written notice from me I sent him one anyway 31 days in advance of our upcoming trip to Germany. And now 3 days before our departure he is saying he can`t allow me to go, because I did not provide him with my parents address or phone number. I didn`t think of that, because he has that information already. Can he keep us from going?