California  |  Medical Leave

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/17/12, 8:11 am

My husband and I been seperated for more than half a year ago .He hasnt seen out daugther not once he hasnt called or provided one dime for her. Finally after so long of not hearing from him he text me at 1:00am asking me if I want full custody of my daugther he kept texting me the same thing over and over almost harassing me then he finally said I'll give you full custody but with one condition I text back asking what condition he said for me not to place him on chd support .i know that's not possible what should I do clearly he doesn't want her in his life should I meet with him and go to notary . What would be my smarted move ...

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/17/12, 11:55 am by Michael Kirschbaum

This is a highly personal decision - not one that should be made by total strangers on the internet who have no knowledge of anything about the lives of you, your ex and your child other than the one paragraph you posted.

You posted this as an FMLA question but that refers to employment law. You really need to talk to a family law attorney to learn what your rights and obligations are and, only then, should you make an informed decision.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Michael R. Kirschbaum 2 Park Plaza, Suite 650 Irvine, CA 92614

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search