Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

If I embezzled money could they go after my children?

Asked on 3/03/13, 2:12 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

That would depend on where the money went. If your children got any of it, or they have probable cause to believe it did, then they can go after your kids, just like Bernie Maddoff's kids were sued for getting the money from his Ponzi scheme.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/13, 4:20 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the criminal charges and possible conviction put your children at risk of non support or care, yes, Social Services seek to take custody of your children on the basis of risk, or even on the basis of 'unfit parent'.

If you meant they shared in the crime, then Mr. McCormick's answer is sound.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/13, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now