Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

I work as a volunteer at an airport information desk. Somone asked me if there was free parking around the airport area. The airport is on "county property" and passengers must pay to park on county property. But there is a street about 3 blocks away from the airport that belongs to the "city". The street doesn't have parking meters so the passengers can park there for free. Many of them do this. Problem: The airport adiministration said that the person I told about parking on the city street because he wanted a free parkig place came to them and said his car was towed and demanded that airport administration pay the towing bill. NOW the airport administration is saying that I am at fault because I was the one that told him he could park free on the city street. I'm not sure that I told him he could only part on the city street for 72 hours. I assume that everyone knows there are limits to how long you can park on a city street. Am I at fault because I didn't tell him about the 72 hour limit or does it become his responsiblity once he decided to park on the city street for free parking?

It's his responsibility to comply with state and local laws.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms