California  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/12/06, 12:57 am

Attorney's flat fee

I have agreed and paid an attorney a fixed amount for sponsoring my brother from a foreign country. This attorney is now giving me a run around and it has been impossible to get in touch with him. I paid another attorney who specialized in this field, had him checked out my case and he said nothing has been done. My questions:

1- Can I fire the first attorney and get at least some money back? If so, how?

2- I was advised that it is not legal for any attorney to charge a flat fee in the state of california, is this true?

Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search