California  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/02/13, 12:13 am

If was on a deputation in US from my company in India. They had processed my GC and I have got the GC. Now as part of some fine tuning they want to do on the onsite-offshore ratio, they are asking me to go back to India in a 2 week notice. I had told that I would continue here and I will look for another job. I need some time for me to search and land in a new job.

Can I legally get some more time from the employer?

If I am not able to find another job in a week, I might be still in their payroll and if I do not quit, they might fire me. if they fire me does my Green Card get revoked .

Can they jeopardize my GC in anyway, if I request for 3 months to find another job?

I do not want to get into Any mess and I am since eerily trying to get a good job, but getting another job takes time.

Please advice me on the questions.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search