Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I first filed asylum and my case is on removal hearing in immigration court. Meanwhile, I got married to a US citizen and my husband just filed i-130. When is best time to tell the judge and withdraw my hearing in the immigration court? Do I want until i-130 approval or i-485 approval?

Asked on 7/15/12, 8:40 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph La Costa Joseph La Costa, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes you need to let the court know right away about changes

Where are you located

Read more
Answered on 7/15/12, 10:43 am
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since you are already in Removal, the Judge might require that you adjust in Court after the I-130 is approved. You would need to give notice to the Court & the Trial Attorney. I highly advise that you hire an Immigration Attorney experienced in Removal in your area.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/12, 2:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88393 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Charles AspinwallCharles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLCLos Lunas, NM
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now