Legal Question in International Law in California

I am a student in Southern California. While studying abroad in Australia, a drunk student also studying abroad in Australia, from New York, assaulted me while I was asleep. We've returned back to the United States. Can I sue that person for medical expenses that I'm still incurring in the United States?

Asked on 6/20/13, 6:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, but unfortunately only in Australia or New York.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 7:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now