Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in California

guardian ad litem

I am a retired lawyer. Recently, I was asked to serve as guardian ad litem in a child abuse case on a pro bono basis. I am now waiting for court appointment. Not having any experience in this area, can you advise me as to my duty and responsibilities, i.e. what should I watch out for, what liability would I be exposed to, how much should I relied on the advice of the counsel representing the child, etc.? Is there a good reference that I can use?

Asked on 3/20/03, 12:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sharon R. Werbel Law Offices of Sharon R. Werbel
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: guardian ad litem

LA County Bar (Public Counsel) does Guardian Ad Litem training and has a manual for pro bono attorneys. You might want to call them at (213) 385-2977.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/03, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now