Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

Eviction: as of April 2013, I am renting a house with a gentleman, "guy". I pay for two rooms and 2/3 utilities because my son lives with me. Then a month into this are arrangement he flips out on me when a guy friend came over. Then explains he has feelings for me and hoped we fall in love. So, because I don't feel the same for him he is telling me to move and threats of eviction notice. The house we live in is a co-workers of his. IT IS A MONTH TO MONTH. But what rights do I have? I do agree that a move would be best, but in time not his suggestion 6 weeks.

Asked on 7/01/13, 9:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unfortunately, this nefarious individual has every right to evict you if you only have a month to month agreement. However, you might want to look into retaliatory eviction. Unfortunately, that is a long shot.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 9:37 am
Brian Rosales Harris, Rosales & harris
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your tenancy can be terminated with a 30-day notice. He does not need to provide a reason. The reason you indicated that he wants you to leave may not be considered improper by a court. That means that you may not be able to successfully defend an eviction action.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 10:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now