California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/22/13, 5:11 pm

I have an issue with mold and was informed the apartment was inhabitable, in turn I wrote the managment that I am withholding rent until they abate the mold. Then I was served with a 3-day notice to pay or quit. By the advice of 3 doctors I was moved out by the time alotted.Several months later I see that they won an unlawful detainer against me and I was never served or knew about it. I was served the 3 day notice on the 6th and they filed the unlawful detainer on the 28th. Is there other paper work I can file besides to quash? Is there a time limit on filing a motion to quash/

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search