California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

My landlord and her son have entered my unit many times without advanced notice (basically violating code #1954). I wrote a letter to her a few weeks ago again asking her not to do that and told her that she was violating my rights and privacy. Yesterday, I arrived home early to find a stranger in my unit trying to change the locks on my door. When I asked who let him into my unit, he said that the landlord's son did. The landlord came to my unit to apologize, but I no longer feel safe and cannot afford to move. Per LA housing authority's request, I filed a police report on the same day.

I feel like at this point, I have few options. Ideally, the landlord would pay my moving costs to avoid the legal consequences of my complaints. I also feel like time is running out as I cannot sleep peacefully or live in the unit any longer.

I live in LA County. Your insight is greatly appreciated.