California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/12/13, 9:50 pm

My landlord and her son have entered my unit many times without advanced notice (basically violating code #1954). I wrote a letter to her a few weeks ago again asking her not to do that and told her that she was violating my rights and privacy. Yesterday, I arrived home early to find a stranger in my unit trying to change the locks on my door. When I asked who let him into my unit, he said that the landlord's son did. The landlord came to my unit to apologize, but I no longer feel safe and cannot afford to move. Per LA housing authority's request, I filed a police report on the same day.

I feel like at this point, I have few options. Ideally, the landlord would pay my moving costs to avoid the legal consequences of my complaints. I also feel like time is running out as I cannot sleep peacefully or live in the unit any longer.

I live in LA County. Your insight is greatly appreciated.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search