Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

Late with rent. Landlord put an abandonment letter on door claiming that he hadn't heard from me. Is that legal.. 3 day notice was put on door Saturday Abandonment letter was placed on door on Monday. I am still in the unit and will pay rent once error is fixed with Social Security .

Brian Rosales Harris, Rosales & harris

I assume that you are refering to the statutory Notice of Belief of Abandonment. If that is what was put on your door you simply need to respond to the landlord indicating that you have not abandoned the property. Sounds like the landlord already knows that or should know that but respond anyway. Furthermore you need to pay the amount in the 3 day notice in full within the three day period or the landlord can pursue an eviction for non-payment of rent.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms