Legal Question in Legal Ethics in California

In California, I had a judgment entered against me in a civil action. Does my attorney of record still represent me in the case or does the entry of judgment terminate his service. Does the judgment creditor have to serve him post judgment motions?

Asked on 5/09/13, 9:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Whether he continues to be your attorney, depends on the terms of your retainer agreement. However, if his representation terminated at judgment, he still must give notice to the plaintiff's counsel, or plaintiff's counsel must continue to serve him with post judgment pleadings.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/13, 11:45 am
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Most collection procedures require the judgment enforcement paperwork to be served on the party, whether or not they are represented by counsel.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 10:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now