California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/16/13, 2:06 pm

My a/c unit dripped a small amount of water to my downstairs neighbors a/c closet.

She wants to get the damage repaired and has told me she will "send me the bill". I told her I would not simply "pay the bill", and have the right to get my own quote for repairs and choose who I want to fix it, since I am paying for it. She disagrees, and has threatened legal action.

What do I do in this situation? What are my rights?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search