Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Can I go to Connecticut from California without a parent, and rent a room in a apartment? If so, I've read that you'd need a parent to cosign, but my mom does not want to go. I was going to go alone, and I wanted to stay for a week or two, because someone I know lives there, and I want to get used to the area because I want to be attending a school there. My main concern is a place to live and if I need some kind of papers that my mom could sign here in California and take to Connecticut?

Asked on 6/28/13, 5:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since answering your question requires knowledge of Connecticut law, you should re-ask it specifying "CT" so that it gets directed to Connecticut lawyers, not us Californians. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that Connecticut may allow minors to sign binding contracts for the necessities of life, such as food and shelter, but that individual landlords may be reluctant to rent to someone with no income and no local ties. As far as the travel part goes, I don't know of any age barrier to travel other than perhaps the carriers' own rules.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 5:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now