California  |  Real Estate Law

On Sept. 4, 2013 I received a 60 day eviction notice under California CCP 1946.1. This was the result of a verbal altercation with a neighbor and subsequent conversation with the apt. mgr. who “felt as if I had disrespected her.” I most certainly am guilty of ungentlemanly like conduct with my neighbor (very much out of normal character), and of not taking the matter very seriously with the mgr.

In the event you are not familiar with this particular CCP I have it available - it was enacted many years ago with a sunset clause that expired in 2009 and was then adopted indefinitely in CA. SB 290.

Can you please advise me of my options? I am more than willing to move, but cannot find a place with the eviction notice in place. As I interpret CCP 1946.1 there are four conditions that must be met that are not present; making it the wrong form - does that matter?