California  |  Real Estate Law

Before I start I would like to let you know that my questions are extremely time sensitive.

I recently relocated from New York to California. Prior to moving I signed a 3 month lease, which originally I was told would be "month to month". I bit the bullet and signed the lease even though it was not under the original terms.

Recently my roommates and I received a summons stating that our house was in foreclosure and that an auction of our house would take place on 7/11/2013. Now I am in fear that I may pay the rent and be kicked out of my home. I placed a $1000 security deposit on my house. Not only am I in fear that I may lose my home, but I'm an also nervous that I may not receive my security deposit back. Should I pay my rent? Or.. Should I use my use my rent money to make a deposit on a new apartment that is more guaranteed? The landlords never let me know that the house was in forecloser . They did say that the house was under home owners association but never stated that we may lose our place of residence.Not to mention my home is infested with tadpoles that will soon be frogs and many insects. Please give me some advice about what my next step should be.