California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/05/13, 10:41 am

I have a tri-plex next to a commercial building, commercial zone, Incorporated City of Los Angeles County. They stack wood pallets 3'+ above top of fence and I fear pallets will fall over to my property, which has happened, and hurt someone. I know commercial neighbor has violated many codes but not been penalized. They built driveway 4' above grade, store TONS of cooking oil, which broke-down my wall two times. I paid to re-build.

Has been going on for years. Previously reported to Bldg. Inspector but nothing changed. I got sick and could not continue. Now, am better and have started reporting, again, by email with pics, many times since 12/12, to City Bldg. & Safety Head. He says he opened case (can I ask for Case#?) but nothing changes. What steps should I take now? OSHA, sue city? Am disabled, depend on rents, don't have a lot of health or money.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search