Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in California

do I have the right to refuse answeing question at a deposition?

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You can refuse to answer certain questions if they are subject to objection if they were asked in court. However, if the other side takes you to court on a motion to compel you to answer, and the judge finds the objection would be overruled, then you can be ordered to pay their attorneys fees for having to bring the motion to compel. And in any case, you cannot just stop answering and walk out.

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

Yes depending upon the question. Not knowing more about your particular situation it is hard to give you advice. If you are really concerned about something adverse to you, you may want to have your own attorney represent you at the deposition..If you are in my area we do represent people in this situation. My office number is 818 345-0123

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in California

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms