Legal Question in Tax Law in California

@william christian, last question, you answered it in part. if i have an outstanding tax balance, you say there is no prohibition to starting a new llc.. but will the state try and take the money from my new llc or will they add that old tax bill to my new company? or will my new busines endevors be seperate? i can start a new business while they persue the old tax debt for the old company? i hope that makes since. i guess im asking . can i start a new business without them garnishing or taking money from it, to pay the old tax bill

William Christian Rodi Pollock

I am not aware of any basis upon which the new entity would have a liability for debts of the old LLC. I am assuming this is a new business, and not a continuation of the old entities business. This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in California

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms