Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

I was recently cited for a 12500(a) Infraction for driving without a valid license in California. I am on year 2 of 3 for probation for a DUI as well, and 2 days after I applied and got a restricted license at the DMV. What should I do to avoid getting the sentence changed to a misdemeanor and any other help?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Steven Mandell Law Offices of Steven R. Mandell

The bigger problem is the possibility of a probation revocation of the DUI case. One of the terms of your probation is that you only drive with a valid CA license and insurance. There are some serious consequences possible, and it would be a good idea to consult with a criminal lawyer experienced in DUI matters. Most criminal lawyers give free consultations. If you'd like to speak to me about this, don't hesitate to call. Good luck. Steve Mandell 310 393 0639

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

I also think that you should discuss this with an attorney.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California