California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/25/13, 9:11 am

In California Probate Court the personal representative is supposed to file with the court an inventory of assets of the decedent within 120 days. I am unable to meet this deadline because I did not contact the Probate Referee in enough time for them to complete their appraisal and get the form back to me. Can I file Attachment 1 only and add attachment 2 at a later date. Or should I file a petition for extension of time? If I file an extension of time (this is what I would prefer) how will I know if it is accepted and will this mean that I will have to appear before the judge to have it approved?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search