California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/17/13, 3:12 pm

A family friend has recently passed away, and was in the process of updating her will. They told many individuals of their plan, and has handwritten notes on the exact amendments that were supposed to change. Unfortunately, they were not filed with an attorney prior to her death, and now the executor is not following the wishes of the deceased. The executor is well aware that certain assets were supposed to go to myself and my family, however is arguing that since it was not a signed document, that I have no legal right to object. There are individuals who were told of how the will was going to be updated who would testify in court. I am wondering if I have any legal options I could pursue? Before I give up, I'd like to know of anything that could be done. Thank you!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search