California  |  Wills and Trusts

What do I need to prove to get a conservatorship on my family trust?

I teach at a university in a different city, but lately I have received emails from my father's email address stating that he paid over $21,000 to a local auto mechanic for unneeded repairs on a car that is worth $20,000; he paid about $62,000 to a local company to put a solar panel on the roof of the house and the highest price I could find online for home solar panels was a fraction of that; he has been selling things that belonged to my family for a fraction of the value and he hasn't had a real job in years, and so forth. My father had a PhD and he was frugal, so I can't believe that this is my real father, but if senility is the issue and he controls the family trust and I am a contingent beneficiary, can I just show a judge how illogical these transactions are, or do I have to go further in proving anything? (For example, would I need a psychologist to say that he is senile, would I need a financial professional to do an asset search and show how poorly he is managing the family trust, etc.?)