Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

So my father passed away in late november. HIs caretaker/ president of his company did not inform me of this. I found out from a condolence letter sent from his bank. I have wills set in my name from him. Only this woman has taken over his company for the past four years. We could never visit him without her presence. Hlaf the time she would do all the talking for him. We also heard that she left him/ abandoned him when he did not do what she wanted. She now has control of all his assets. What can we do? We didnt even recive a ceremony letter for his funeral or anything. When my daughter called on December 11 they did not even tell her he had passed but rather said he wasnt in at the moment and would take a message.

Asked on 4/09/13, 11:55 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Joshua Hale Hale Law Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should probably probate the will.


Read more
Answered on 4/09/13, 11:57 am
Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Not only probate the will, but contemplate obtaining assistance of probate litigation counsel, as I can see some litigation coming in this matter; you may even have to consider filing a complaint with the District Attorney for embezzlement or fraud for misappropriation of assets.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/13, 12:01 pm
Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is no question but that you need to immediately hire an attorney to protect whatever interests you have in the estate. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to straighten this out and collect whatever is rightfully yours.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/13, 12:10 pm
J. Caleb Donner Donner & Donner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should get local counsel to probate the will and proceed to Marshall assets belonging to your father. Let me know if you would like to discuss.


Read more
Answered on 4/09/13, 12:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now