Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

What is involved for a quitclaim deed to remove my mother from the deed of my home?

Asked on 6/24/13, 2:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Dunning Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A quitclaim deed is a document that transfer title ownership from one person to another on an

"As Is" basis. The document general names who owns the property, who the property is being transferred to and includes the APN and legal description. If your mother has the legal capacity to sign it and wishes to transfer her property to someone else, she needs to date and sign the deed and witnessed by a California Notary Public.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 2:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now