Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

my mom and i have a home together shes getting older has to go to nursing home my name is on the deed if i sell the house do i have to split the money if it is in my name

Asked on 6/20/13, 11:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This really depends on how it is titled. You should see an attorney as there may be Medicaid and long term care issues...

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 11:33 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Mr. Green. I hesitate a little to answer because you mention that you own a home together, but then state that you name is on the "deed" and want to keep the proceeds. If your mother is not mentally competent, you may be facing some financial elder abuse issues down the road.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 11:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now