Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My siser used a disclaimer to transfer a property from a family trust into her name, if disclaimer wasn't signed in front of notery,is it valid?

Asked on 5/10/13, 12:53 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

More information is needed including the documents for review. You are advised to consult an attorney experienced in trust administration to determine the legality of the question you ask.

Read more
5/10/13, 12:59 pm
Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

That doesn't even make sense. Could you mean disclaimer? You can't record any kind of deed in CA unless it is notarized, but I agree with Mr. Wald that you must bring copies of the relevant docs to an attorney to evaluate.

Read more
5/10/13, 1:39 pm
Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I meant to type quitclaim.

Read more
5/10/13, 11:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88263 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now