California  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/25/13, 12:04 pm

》Should the WC settlement demand amt include the total amt of income lost, while not collecting a normal salary? And, since I believe that I read somewhere, that any weekly benefits (ie state) received aside from WCI, are to be reimbursed from the settlement; can/should these figures be added into the settlement demand amt as well?

》Is it true, that if I'm technically still employed by the same employer, where the injury occured, and a settlement amt is agreed to; that most likely my resignation is going to be required, as a stipulation of the settment? And if so, what, if any, additional loss of income, can be added to the settlement demand amt?

I ask, due to the fact that I have 15+ yrs experience, in a specialized field, within fin'l institutions, and 5+ yrs vested in the current position. So, finding a job with the same salary and benefits, is more than likely going to take a considerable amt of time, IF it is even at all possible.

》With a Psychiatric disability (anxiety, stress, & depression; stemming from the original injury, and my continued physical medical issues), now included in my permanent medical records (which are often checked, when being considered for certain positions, that require "bonding"), how can that be taken into account, to be included in the settlement demand amt? Or, can it not be included, even though it could greatly affect my future employment, and earning potential?

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search