California  |  Workers Comp

as an employee injured at work do i have to file a workmens comp. claim? or can i refuse to.

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Answered on: 9/27/13, 2:09 pm by Michael Sabzevar

You do not have to file any claim if you do not want to. However, your employer has an obligation to provide medical treatment to you and may insist that you obtain clearance from a doctor before you return to work. So, all you have to do is to tell your doctor that you are ok to go back to work, and forget about the claim. But, remember, any decision you make now may come to hunt you in the future. My suggestion, have an evaluation with a physician and let him/her tell you that you are ok to return back to work.

LAW OFFICES OF F. MICHAEL SABZEVAR 16633 Ventura blvd., Suite 555 Encino, CA 91436

Answered on: 9/29/13, 8:46 pm by ARMAN MOHEBAN

I highly recommend that you do file a claim since later if you have a re-injury or a flare-up then you have a documentation that you did report an injury and made a claim and if you get fired from your job you have a proof that yout claim is not post-termination as most employer claim. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

LAW OFFICES OF ARMAN MOHEBAN 3055 WILSHIRE BLVD., SUITE 900 Los Angeles, CA 90010